Creative Commons (Public Domain) Sound Clips: https://www.freesound.org/
App for Recording and Sharing Sounds: https://soundcloud.com/
Web-Based Audio Editing: https://soundation.com/
Open Source Audio Editing: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Open-Source Screen-Capture and Screencast Software: http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html
There is also a plethora of free video editing software available, which could be useful for some of your projects in particular. I will be looking to them in further depth, but if you are using a video component, most computers come with default software such as Movie Maker and iMovie that are just as effective.
We will not meet on Friday due to the campus being closed. For Tuesday, you have a small homework assignment:
Select one website that you visit that you consider a favorite, or the easiest to access and use. Be sure to have the link ready to share in class on Tuesday, as well as keep these questions in mind:
- Who is the intended audience of the website?
- What is the intended purpose of the website?
- What mediums are used? (Sound, image, video, text, etc)
- How is it visited most (through browser or mobile)?
- What design elements make it accessible or user-friendly?